US Lacrosse Junior Officials Training (NEW AND RENEW)
1. Attend a Training Clinic that includes a minimum of 6 hours classroom instruction and 3 hours on-field instruction.
2. Take the online USL Youth Rules Test and score an 80 or above. Failure to pass the written test will mandate a retake of the test.
3. Demonstrate required officiating skills during an on-field evaluation consisting of 2 halves of play while being observed by: 1 International, or 1 National, or 1 District, or 2 Local rated officials.
4. Must be a current member of US Lacrosse as an official (If you are a USL member as a player, you must contact Member Services and have Official added to your classification. (There is NO additional charge to upgrade your membership)
5. Must complete a PWLUA Junior Official Registration so that you are a “member in good standing” with your local USL Board (PWLUA - Philadelphia Women’s Lacrosse Umpires Association) - FREE
6. Take the On-Line Course (this is in addition to the Training Clinic in Item 1 above and takes approximately 2 hours to watch) (NOTE: this requirement is ONLY for those who have NOT taken it previously) – FREE
7. Watch the 2017 USL Rules Interpretation Video – this may occur during your classroom time OR you will do this at home. It depends on when your classroom session takes place - FREE
A US Lacrosse Junior rating (Under 18 years old, high school student) is good for one year. Upon completion of the requirements, you will receive a letter from your trainer with the expiration date of your rating. If you do not receive this letter, you have not completed the requirements and are not a USL rated official.
Includes: A rulebook for new candidates (Renewals will receive one in the mail upon membership renewal), Teaching materials, Classroom session, Field sessions
Location 1: West Chester East High School Classroom training: Saturday, December 17 from 9:00 - 2:00 PM (registration closes 12/12/16)
Location 2: Radnor High School Classroom training: Sunday, January 15 from 9:00AM to 2:00 PM (registration closes 1/10/17)
Location 3: Methacton High School Classroom training: Saturday, January 28 from 9:00 - 2:00 PM (registration closes 1/23/17)
On-Field Instruction and On-Field Evaluation (To be assigned)
YSC – Sundays during middle school games in winter league – Times TBA
Methacton High School – Sunday – March 12, 2017 10am-3pm
Radnor High School - Sunday, March 19, 2017 12pm-5pm
Additional Dates to be added
Contact Dawn Grothmann (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve your spot
Numbers will be limited.